Your wedding party. They've said yes to be a part of your special day, and to witness what should be one of the most amazing moments of your life. They will be there for or assist in planning a bridal shower, bachelorette, and other events that might be significant in the preparation for your wedding. They’ll be there for trying on dresses, frustrating moments when nothing seems to be going right, clearing schedules to make time for appointments, and basically dedicating a good portion of their time to be there for whatever and whenever you need during the planning process.
It is traditional for the bride and groom to give thank you presents as a token of their appreciation. A lot of magazines glorify what seems to be very nice gifts, but depending on how many members you have in your party and your budget, those nice gifts won’t be very nice on your bank account. Here are some alternatives to the traditional bridesmaids gift sets.
1. A “favorite things” bag with items you know they like. This adds a personal touch to the gift and you can set the limit on how many items and the price of each bag.
2. Purchase the accessories that they will wear for the wedding and present them in a nice box.
3. A bottle of their favorite wine or champagne for them to “Enjoy part now and part later!”
4. Gift certificate to a spa or salon with a thank you note stating “After taking care of me for the wedding, now it’s my turn to take care of you!”
5. If you are planning a destination wedding, a passport cover that can be personalized.
6. A gift set of their favorite fragrance. This will add a personal touch as well and can possibly found at department stores, beauty and cosmetic stores, and pharmacies.
7. A set of wine glasses and a bottle of their preferred wine or champagne. If they are a fan of liquor, a bottle of that and a flask. It is up to you if you wish to have these items personalized. You can find a ton of personalized flasks on Etsy.
8. A monogrammed robe and toiletries for their stay at the hotel. After all, who can REALLY condition their hair with that tiny bottle provided in the shower?
9. If staying at a resort for the wedding, a gift card to the resort that can be used at restaurants, spa or for excursions.
Keep in mind that no one ever said yes to being in a bridal party to score presents... Keep the gifts simple and thoughtful. It is not the how much money you spend on their gift that counts - it is the thought you put into it.
PS. For my wedding in Mexico, I gave the girls a custom made necklace with the colors of the wedding. It worked out perfectly !